UI/UX Designer Job Details
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. Experience with design software and wireframe tools is required. Portfolio of professional design project that includes work with web/mobile applications will an added advantage, successful candidate will work on creating a functional and appealing feature that will address our requirements.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets etc.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites & mobile app function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Create personas through user research and data
- Conducting user research and testing
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Proven track record of creating exceptional experiences and designs that raise the bar.
- Experience designing and thinking in design systems translating complexity to simplicity.
- Deep understanding of responsive and adaptive design.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish, as well as multitask and prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself. Must have a portfolio featuring examples of work, your design process, and outcomes/results.
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field of study.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in UX/UI, mobile design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design.
- Strong knowledge & relevant experience of design tools like Figma, Principle, Framer
- Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent self-management skills.
- Previous experience at a startup or in-house creative team, a plus